BEING A CHRISTMAS GIFT
God wants us to play a part in the giving and receiving of gifts this Christmas.
(Mathew 2:11) Entering the house, they saw the child with Mary His mother, and falling to their knees, they worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts; gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
1. A Gift for Others
A. Our emphasis is on gift-GIVING.
B. Our emphasis is on SELF-giving.
2. The Gift from God
A. The main Christmas Gift is God’s Gift of Jesus.
· (Isaiah 9:6) We could have never known the might of God’s power.
· (Isaiah 9:6) We could have never been guided by God’s counsel.
· (Isaiah 9:6) We could have never had God as our eternal Father.
· (Isaiah 9:6) We could have never received the peace of God.
· (Luke 1:35) We could never have experienced the one and only Son of God.
· (Matthew 1:23) God could have never walked with us.
· (Matthew 1:21) We could have never been rescued from the deadly disease of sin.
· (John 15:26) We would have never had access to the Holy Spirit.
· (John 14:26) We would have never had any guidance or direction.
· (John 14:13) We would have never had our prayers answered.
· (John 14:21) We would have never personally experienced the love of God.
· (Romans 8:1-2) We would have never escaped the condemnation of sin.
· (Romans 8:15) We could have never been adopted by God.
· (John 3:16) We could have never gone to heaven.
· (Galatians 5:22-23) We could have never received and displayed Christ’s traits.
· (2 Timothy 1:7) We could have never lived life with Christ’s courage, love, common sense.
B. There is no end to the blessings from God’s gift.
3. Our Gift TO God
A. Living my life for God – is my gift to God.
(Romans 12:1-2) Brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
B. My gift to God this Christmas is going to be my LIFE.