BEING A CHRISTMAS LIGHT
God wants my life to be a shining message at Christmas.
1. Light of Prophecy
· Isaiah 7:14 – Messiah to be born to a virgin.
· Luke 1:34 – Jesus was born to a virgin.
· Psalm 2:7 – Messiah to be the Son of God.
· Matthew 3:17 – Jesus was the Son of God.
· Genesis 22:18 – Messiah was to be THE seed of Abraham.
· Galatians 3:16 – Jesus was THE seed of Abraham.
· Genesis 21:12 – Messiah was to be the Son of Isaac.
· Luke 3:23 – Jesus was the Son of Isaac.
· Numbers 24:17 – Messiah was to be the Son of Jacob.
· Luke 3:23 – Jesus was the Son of Jacob.
· Isaiah 7:14 – Messiah was to be called Immanuel.
· Matthew 1:23 – Jesus was called Immanuel.
· Micah 5:2 – Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem.
· Matthew 2:1 – Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
· Psalm 72:10 – Messiah to be presented gifts.
· Matthew 2:1&11 – Jesus was presented gifts.
A. All the Old Testament prophecies proved Jesus was the Messiah of God.
B. All the evidence of our lives should prove that Jesus is the Messiah of God.
2. Light of the Star
(Matthew 2:1-2) After Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of King Herod, wise men from the east arrived unexpectedly in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His STAR in the east and have come to worship Him.” (9-10) After hearing the king, they went on their way. And there it was – the STAR they had seen in the east! It led them until it came and stopped above the place where the child was. When they saw the STAR, they were overjoyed beyond measure.
A. The Bethlehem Star used its light to lead them to Jesus.
B. We are also to use our light to lead people to Jesus.
3. Light of Glory
(Luke 2:8-9) In the same region, shepherds were staying out in the fields and keeping watch at night over their flock. Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the GLORY of the Lord shone around them,…
A. A physical manifestation of God’s presence “AMONG” His people.
B. A physical manifestation of God’s presence “IN” His people.