Jesus brought with Him all that our souls long for.
(Isaiah 9:6) A child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on His shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
1. Jesus Is The WONDERFUL COUNSELOR
A. He loves us!
(1 Peter 5:7) Cast all your care on Him, because He cares about you.
B. He listens to us!
(Psalm 5:1-2) Listen to my words, Lord; consider my sighing. Pay attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for I pray to You.
C. He leads us!
(John 10:3-4) [The Good Shepherd] calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought all his own outside, he goes ahead of them. The sheep follow him because they recognize his voice.
2. Jesus Is The MIGHTY GOD
A. Only God has real power.
(John 1:3) All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created.
B. As God, Jesus can do all things.
• (John 8:58) I am Eternal.
• (John 14:6) I am the Truth.
• (John 14:6) I am the Way.
• (John 9:5) I am the Light
• (John 10:7) I am the Door.
• (John 15:1) I am the Vine.
• (John 6:35) I am the Bread.
• (John 10:11) I am the Good Shepherd
• (John 11:25) I am the Resurrection.
• (John 13:13) I am the Lord and Master.
C. With Jesus – we can do all things.
(Philippians 4:13) I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
3. Jesus is the EVERLASTING FATHER
(Romans 8:14-16) All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children.
4. Jesus is the PRINCE OF PEACE
A. Prince also describes someone who is a leader.
B. Jesus is the Prince of Peace because He leads us into peace with God.