The Lord Is My – SHEPHERD
God wants to be our loving leader in life.
(Isaiah 53:6) We all went astray like sheep; we all have turned to our own way.
1. My Shepherd Is My Provider (Psalm 23:1-3)
(Psalm 23:1) The Lord is my Shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
A. The one thing I need is God my Shepherd. He’ll take care of everything else.
(2-3) He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He renews my life; He leads me along the right paths for His name’s sake
B. God provides rest and nourishment and renewal and direction to our souls.
2. My Shepherd Is My Protector (4-5)
(4) Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff – they comfort me.
A. God is able to protect us from all unknowns.
(5) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies…
B. God is able to protect us from all predators.
3. My Shepherd Is My Pursuer (6)
(6) Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life…
(James 1:17) Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning.
A. God will never change His absolute goodness toward you.
(Psalm 36:5) Lord, Your faithful love reaches to heaven, Your faithfulness to the clouds.
B. God will never change His faithful devotion toward you.
C. God will “pursue” you with goodness and love all the days of your life.