Pastor Search Information
Pastor Steve has Retired as our Senior Pastor effective on Sunday Oct. 25, 2020
See Information Below on the Search for our next Senior Pastor
– Combined and Blended Music styles for our Worship Service Began Feb 28th – see more info below.
– High School students and Adults who are Grow Groups members only are also asked to complete a Survey.
– Church Elected Pastor Search Team
* Brock Bell * Dawn Grimes * Roger Killingsworth * Annie Krawczyk
* Josh Shoemaker * Mark Vigil * Mickey Walden
– 2 Surveys to Complete and Submit by March 7th
It is important that as many FBCP people as possible complete the surveys.
The data from these surveys will help the Pastor Search Team gather information to assist them in locating a Senior Pastor candidate.
Download a copy at these links or receive a copy at the Church Office or at Church on Sunday, March 7th
Church Member Survey (1 per Family) and Pastor Profile Survey (Individuals)
Fillable Survey Links – Church Member Survey and Pastor Profile Survey
– USING THESE LINKS – you can fill out the form online then save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Survey – 3 Ways
– Deliver completed copy to Church Office or Give to Mike on Sunday, March 7th
– Email completed copy to email@example.com
– Online via “Survey Monkey”
For the Links or QR codes to the 2 Surveys – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Place in the subject line – Survey Monkey links and your name
FYI – QR codes are just for those that want to access Survey monkey on their smartphone.
– Prayer Meetings
In Person – House Annex @ 6:15 pm
Zoom Only – Zoom Prayer Meeting @ 7:00 pm
Email email@example.com for Zoom Link
Sundays – House Annex @ 8:45 am
Event Schedule: (all dates are subject to change)
- March 7 – Deadline to Submit Pastor Search Survey
See information above under “2 Surveys . . .”
- March 7 – Grow Groups – On-campus and Zoom @ 9:30 am
– Combined Music and Worship Services Continue – On-Campus and Live-Stream @ 11:00 am
As of Feb. 28th we will no longer have separate music services but will meet all together each Sunday for the entire Worship Service. The music styles will be blended with a continued focus on preparing our hearts for Worship and Praise of God as we hear a Biblical message from our Pastor.
- March 14 – Regular Sunday schedule
– Baptism in Service
- March 21 – Regular Sunday schedule
– DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS @ 2:00 am – SPRING FORWARD 1 HOUR
- MARCH 28 – Regular Sunday schedule and
– New Members Class – Contact Daniel McGinty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Scheduled Prayer Meetings –
As we seek God’s Will through this Transition and Pastor Search time.
- Sunday Mornings @ 8:45 am in House Annex
- Wednesday nights @ 6:15 pm in House Annex
- Wednesday nights via ZOOM @ 7:00 pm
For the meeting link and pass code – Email email@example.com and –
Place in Subject line – Zoom Prayer Meeting and include your name in the email.
- Daily Prayer Guide (Booklet Form)
- Pray for 5 Card
Expected Process for Calling our next Senior Pastor
- Calling of an Interim Pastor – Completed. David Smith was called as our Interim.
- The Transition Team with the endorsement of the Deacons will recommend to the Church the election of an Interim Pastor at a Called Business Meeting.
- The Called Business meeting will be announced around 2 weeks ahead of the date chosen to discuss the Transition Team’s recommendation.
- The plan is to elect an Interim before Thanksgiving.
- Discovery Groups and Surveys-
- In January 2021 (see schedule above) groups will meet with Pastor David to discuss the Pastor Search Process followed by a Business meeting on February 3 to approve that process.
- In February 2021 (see schedule above) groups will meet with Pastor David to discuss the Pastor Search Survey to learn information of what the Church would like to see in our next Senior Pastor.
- Once the Pastor Search Process has been approved in a Called Business meeting another Business Meeting will be called to submit names for the Pastor Search Team.
- Pastor Search Team –
- Names will be submitted by Church members at a Called Business meeting following the guidelines established in the Church approved Pastor Search Process.
- Their Orientation and Training will be provided by the Interim Pastor.
- They will announce how resumes will be received and collected.
- They will process resumes and do discovery interviews of a Pastor candidate.
- They will give the Church regular progress reports on the search and how we can pray for them.
- When the Search team is ready to present a candidate to the Church, the Team will announce a weekend for us to consider asking him to be our Senior Pastor.
- “View of a Call” weekend – This weekend will include but not limited to these items:
- Get acquainted with the candidate and his family in fellowship meetings including a Q & A time.
- Hear him preach.
- A Business meeting will be called to vote on whether to extend a “call” to the candidate to be our Senior Pastor.
Our Leadership that will guide us through this time:
- Transitional Interim Pastor – David Smith was Called as our Transitional Interim on Dec. 6, 2020.
Call Debbie at the Church Office (512-251-3052) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to meet with him. Tasks listed here – Covenant Agreement
David’s Personal Background Information-
- Ministers – Daniel Roucloux; Matt Downing; John Woods; Daniel McGinty; Mike Northen
- Transition Team
- Personnel Team – Steve Thomas; Bill Gibbens; Joleen Freres; Darelle White; Shelley Helyer; Joe Towns
- Deacon Representatives – Kevin Ruiz; Darelle White
- Pastor Search Team – The Church Selected on February 7, 2021 –
Brock Bell * Dawn Grimes * Roger Killingsworth * Annie Krawczyk * Josh Shoemaker * Mark Vigil * Mickey Walden
- Deacons – Find Deacon Names for each Adult class – click here – (scroll down for Adult list)
- Finance team – Janice Bullard; Susan Collins; Gordon Mackey; Glenn Wucher; Warren Smith; Bobbie Durkee
- Adult Grow Group Leaders – Find Teacher names click here – (scroll down for Adult list)
Explanation of Team Responsibilities:
Pastor Steve has Retired as our Senior Pastor effective Sunday Oct. 25, 2020
- Church Theme: “Strong Together . . . Looking Forward” Deuteronomy 31:8
- We can be Strong because God is strong. We can Look Forward because God shows us the way.
“The Lord Himself goes before (ahead) of us and will be with us. He will never leave us nor forsake (abandon) us. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
2021 Budget Approved by Church on Jan. 20, 2021