Pastor Search Information
Thank you all for your prayers in regards to our church and the pastor that God has for our next season. We are excited to continue to move forward in our review of resumes as we move into June and forward. Please continue to pray for our church, our pastor search team, our process, and especially for the man God has pegged to be our next senior pastor.
The window for submitting resumes is now closed.
Pastor Steve has Retired as our Senior Pastor effective on Sunday Oct. 25, 2020
See Information Below on the Search for our next Senior Pastor
– Pray for Pastor Search Team
* Brock Bell * Dawn Grimes * Roger Killingsworth * Annie Krawczyk
* Josh Shoemaker * Mark Vigil * Mickey Walden
Prayer Meetings –
As we seek God’s Will through this Time of Transition in the Search for our next Pastor.
Event Schedule: (all dates are subject to change
Expected Process for Calling our next Senior Pastor
- Calling of an Interim Pastor – Completed. David Smith was called as our Interim.
- The Transition Team with the endorsement of the Deacons will recommend to the Church the election of an Interim Pastor at a Called Business Meeting.
- The Called Business meeting will be announced around 2 weeks ahead of the date chosen to discuss the Transition Team’s recommendation.
- The plan is to elect an Interim before Thanksgiving.
- Discovery Groups and Surveys – Completed
- In January 2021 groups will meet with Pastor David to discuss the Pastor Search Process followed by a Business meeting on February 3 to approve that process.
- In February groups will meet with Pastor David to discuss the Pastor Search Survey to learn information of what the Church would like to see in our next Senior Pastor.
- Once the Pastor Search Process has been approved in a Called Business meeting another Business Meeting will be called to submit names for the Pastor Search Team.
- Pastor Search Team – Completed
- Names will be submitted by Church members at a Called Business meeting following the guidelines established in the Church approved Pastor Search Process.
- Their Orientation and Training will be provided by the Interim Pastor.
- They will announce how resumes will be received and collected.
- They will process resumes and do discovery interviews of a Pastor candidate.
- They will give the Church regular progress reports on the search and how we can pray for them.
- When the Search team is ready to present a candidate to the Church, the Team will announce a weekend for us to consider asking him to be our Senior Pastor.
- “View of a Call” weekend – This weekend will include but not limited to these items:
- Get acquainted with the candidate and his family in fellowship meetings including a Q & A time.
- Hear him preach.
- A Business meeting will be called to vote on whether to extend a “call” to the candidate to be our Senior Pastor.
Our Leadership that will guide us through this time:
- Transitional Interim Pastor – David Smith was Called as our Transitional Interim on Dec. 6, 2020.
Call Debbie at the Church Office (512-251-3052) or email her at email@example.com to make an appointment to meet with him. Tasks listed here – Covenant Agreement
David’s Personal Background Information-
- Ministers – Daniel Roucloux; Matt Downing; John Woods; Daniel McGinty; Mike Northen
- Transition Team
- Personnel Team – Steve Thomas; Bill Gibbens; Joleen Freres; Darelle White; Shelley Helyer; Joe Towns
- Deacon Representatives – Kevin Ruiz; Darelle White
- Pastor Search Team – The Church Selected on February 7, 2021 –
Brock Bell * Dawn Grimes * Roger Killingsworth * Annie Krawczyk * Josh Shoemaker * Mark Vigil * Mickey Walden
- Deacons – Find Deacon Names for each Adult class – click here – (scroll down for Adult list)
- Finance team – Janice Bullard; Susan Collins; Gordon Mackey; Glenn Wucher; Warren Smith; Bobbie Durkee
- Adult Grow Group Leaders – Find Teacher names click here – (scroll down for Adult list)
Explanation of Team Responsibilities:
Pastor Steve has Retired as our Senior Pastor effective Sunday Oct. 25, 2020
- Church Theme: “Strong Together . . . Looking Forward” Deuteronomy 31:8
- We can be Strong because God is strong. We can Look Forward because God shows us the way.
“The Lord Himself goes before (ahead) of us and will be with us. He will never leave us nor forsake (abandon) us. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)