– Be adaptable “If I could give one gift to every couple on their wedding day, I’d wrap up a large box filled with adaptability. Because no matter how good your relationship is, you will have to be flexible enough to change yourself and at least tolerate your partner’s differences.” Neil Clark Warren
• Adaptable people don’t whine
• Adaptable people don’t blame
Does it really matter?
– Be positive
• “Learned Optimism”
• The Magic Ratio: 5 positive interactions to 1 negative interaction
• Negativity kills relationships
Do all things without grumbling or complaining. Phil. 2:14
• Problems vs. patterns
What is your negativity pattern?
• Aw ful izing
– Be kind
• Kindness Matters
The Bible says:
? Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
? 1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
? Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
? Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.