I’ve heard people say this about houses or cars, even a person.
The outside may not look that great but the foundation and the studs or the motor and transmission or their character is good. They say it has good Bones.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; 6 think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. 7 Don’t consider yourself to be wise; fear the Lord and turn away from evil. 8 This will be healing for your body and strengthening for your bone
Life Of Elisha:
He did some things that to some of us may looked utterly ridiculous.
· 1 Kings 19:21 (when he was called into the ministry, he killed the oxen and burned the plows.)
· 2 Kings 4:1-7 (He gave a widow woman God’s wisdom on how to get out of debt with what she had.)
· 2 Kings 4:16-36 (He tells a woman she is going to have a baby and she did. The boy dies then he raises him from the dead.)
· 2 Kings 4:38-41 (He removes poison from stew.)
· 2 Kings 5:14 (Told Naaman to go dip in a dirty river to get clean from a deadly disease.)
· 2 Kings 6:4-7 (Causes an Ax head to float in water)
2 Things stood out to me here.
1.) This miracle was obvious God’s doing and not Elisha’s.
2.) May the Core of who we are have life giving influence long after we’re gone. May it cause people to stand up once again.