- Grow Groups
- Kids & Youth
- Support Groups
- Special Events
We can have hope in troubled times because of Jesus.
“Where is the hope? The hope that each of us have, is not in who governs us, or what laws are passed, or what great things we do as a nation. Our hope is in the power of God working through the hearts of people. And that’s where our hope is in this country. And that’s where our hope is in this life.” – Chuck Colson
A. The Picture
• Jesus was teaching the people in the temple.
• The religious set a trap for Jesus, seeking to accuse Him of breaking the law.
• They are all carrying rocks.
B. The People
• The people in the temple.
• The scribes & Pharisees.
• The accused.
C. The Problem
• The woman had been caught in the act of unfaithfulness.
• The punishment according to the law of Moses was death by stoning.
• Her situation seemed hopeless.
D. The Power of the Peculiar
• Jesus stoops and writes on the ground with his finger.
• Jesus stands up & makes a powerful statement.
• Jesus stoops again to draw in the dirt.
• Rocks fall. The religious leaders depart.
E. The Proclamation
• Go and sin no more.
• Life is full of circumstances & situations that seem void of hope.
• Jesus can bring hope from a messy life or situation.
• When abundant grace is given, new-found hope arrives.
• Our hope is Jesus. He is the author of hope.